transportation. CONSTRUCTION. DELIVERY.
EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN.
The Detroit® DD8™ is engineered to drive commerce. Innovative variable cam phasing technology means fewer regens. Our Virtual Technician remote diagnostic system streamlines service decisions. Best-in-class maintenance intervals can reach up to 60,000 miles, so operations keep running strong. It all adds up to substantial power, efficiency and reliability.
The DD8™ is the most technologically advanced mid-range engine available in its market. Its features include:
- Proprietary variable cam-phasing technology that reduces or eliminates regens for efficient aftertreatment system performance. Variable cam phasing keeps your aftertreatment system at the right temperatures during low-speed operation. That means fewer (or no) parked regens—and more time on the road.
- The DD8™ also has a smart, fuel-efficient design that makes the most of every gallon and lightens the load on the aftertreatment system.
- Its advanced common rail fuel system optimizes each injection event to minimize fuel consumption.
- A variable-speed fan and advanced cooling system providing shorter fan-on times for increased fuel efficiency.
- Simple, fixed-geometry, dual-stage turbo for performance, efficiency and reliability.
- An optional high-performance integrated engine brake.
- A robust and sturdy rear gear train helps minimize noise, vibration and harshness (NVH).
- The Detroit Connect Virtual Technician℠ remote diagnostic system to maximize uptime.
- Forward-thinking design meets 2021 Greenhouse Gas (GHG21) and 2019 OBD (OBD19) compliance.